The guiding principles under which we operate the High Street are as follows:
- We will operate this service with honesty and integrity and in the interests of our customers and our customers' customers.
- The Registrant accepts these Terms and Conditions and will abide by them.
- We will set up and administer a system that provides the customer with a unique High.St address for receiving his or her email. We will offer further related services to complement this core function, some of which may be chargeable options.
- Only the 26 regular letters of the alphabet and the digits 0-9 may be used in names. Note other punctuation including spaces is not permitted.
- The following groups of letters are not allowed as names, irrespective of their availability - www, admin, host, post, postmaster, hostmaster, mail, email, e-mail.
- We will operate our database under the principles of the Data Protection Commissioner as defined in UK law. In other words we will not abuse the data we hold on you and you may check the accuracy with us at any time on payment of £10. In turn, the Registrant consents to us holding his or her personal details in electronic form and the electronic processing of such data as is necessary. Please check out our Privacy Statement.
- We will not use data held about our customers to knowingly subject them to unwanted email. However, the Company will, from time to time, advise its customers of changes to the High Street services being provided, major changes to the Terms and Conditions or other information the Company considers the customers should be made aware of. Mass mailings and or 'spamming' originating from a Registrant is not permitted and may result in withdrawal of the service.
- We will notify the Registrant when his or her High.St account application has been processed.
- We will maximise the availability of the computer systems we employ to the best of its ability but downtime for maintenance and unexpected events is to be expected from time to time.
- We will do all in our power to represent the interests of our customers but, ultimately, we do not control the '.St' country code and cannot therefore make unequivocal guarantees about the future of the Service.
- We reserve the right to withdraw the use of any particular name at any time and without giving its reasons. Refunds will be at our discretion.
- The Registrant must provide true and accurate information when applying for a name. Proof may be required as evidence in the event of a dispute. False declarations may result in early termination of the service.
- The Registrant undertakes to notify us promptly of any changes to his or her details.
- The Registrant is responsible for renewing his or her High.St name before the registration period ends (normally annually). This is achieved by paying the current fee. Should we not receive payment before the registration period expires, the Registrant accepts that the name may be resold to another person.
- The Registrant is responsible for ensuring that his or her name does not directly or indirectly infringe on the rights of any third party. In particular, the Registrant is responsible for ensuring he or she does not infringe any trademarks.
- The Registrant's High.St name is designed for commercial use but we do not accept liability for any loss or consequential loss arising for any reason arising from the use of the assigned name. Whilst we will always strive for perfection and we will operate the service with reasonable care and diligence, our liability will be limited to the cost of registration.
- The maximum individual file size bound in one email message (ie all text and attachments) that is permitted is 5 Mb unless prior agreement has been reached with us.
- The Registrant will not use the Service for unlawful activity. We do not accept any liability for misuse by the Registrant or by persons using his or her name.
- Disputes that cannot be settled by the parties concerned may be resolved using the ICANN established Uniform name-Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP). We and the Registrant agrees to abide by any decision arising from an adjudication under the UDRP.
- The Registrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless any director, employee or agent of Solution Management Ltd, High Street, High St or High.St against any loss and/or damages (including legal costs) awarded by a court as a result of action brought by a third party because of misuse of his or her High.St name. Such claims include, but are not limited to, claims of infringement of any trademark, intellectual property rights, business name, or other rights in words or phrases, and claims for defamation or injury to business reputation.
- Removal of any part of these Terms and Conditions because they are invalid or unenforceable will not affect the retained conditions.
- Legal challenges to these Terms and Conditions must be under Scottish law and must be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts. Notices shall be in writing and shall be served personally or sent by registered first-class post to the registered offices of Solution Management Ltd.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time. The current version will be made available on the High.St site.
Dated 20th August 2004