Information about this Site and how to Contact Us
Welcome to our High Street. This site has 2 aims:
- One: to allow visitors to take a virtual wander of the High Streets of Britain. For most towns we include a picture, local information and a list of all the shops and businesses in the main shopping area. Website links and telephone numbers are provided where available for further information.
- Two: to provide shops, solicitors, accountants, local government organisations, etc with a professional web presence: Links to your own site, or a link to your own web page created by us, and a professional email address of the form: "Shop@Town.High.St". Joining us on the High Street is a simple 3 step process.
Our aim is to be different to the run-of-the-mill shopping sites in 3 main ways:
- High.St is a geographic based site, making it much easier for visitors to find a local shop or business. This approach also allows locals to easily find a local business and anyone to plan a holiday or short break by giving them information about the place they are thinking of visiting.
- We list all the shops and businesses on the High Streets of featured towns, not just those that have subscribed. In addition to listing telephone numbers, we provide information about the town, links to sources of further information and a map of the town centre. In most cases, we have a photograph of the town centre as well.
- For subscribing retailers, businesses, and their customers, we provide a unique email address that is very easy for customers and suppliers to use and remember; simply, the name takes the form: "Shop@Town.High.St". This makes contacting people on the High Street as simple as posting a letter. We give companies a professional web presence by creating a web page, linking this to a highly ranked website (www.High.St) and providing them with a memorable, professional email address.